Hey Everyone! Happy Thursday. I hope all is well with you and everything concerning you. Today’s post is one of my favorite, there is nothing more enjoyable to me than creating gorgeous invitations. I know most people think that wedding stationery is the one area where you could save a lot of money and yes you might be able to save a few pennies but I would strongly recommend couples not to cut out invitations completely because its one of the most exciting parts of planning especially if you are doing them yourself. I know these days you can find just about anything online and slowly but surely people are resorting more and more to electronic invitations. But I must say that there is nothing more chic or personal than an actual invitation received by regular mail. Here are 7 reasons why:
1. It shows that you went through the trouble (and money) to let your guests know that their presence at your wedding is appreciated.
2.It’s literally the “first impression” of what your wedding/event will be like! No need to spend a lot of money if it’s done right. Although I wholeheartedly believe “more is more” sometimes “less is more” if your working with a small budget.
3. Invitations create excitement and expectation
4. The invitation is the official, printed, tangible memento of the day. And it outlasts just about every other part of the wedding/event such as food, flowers and venue. Some people hold onto them for years
5. It makes for a personal touch because with all the technology things seem so un-personable.
6. Invitations set the tone of the entire wedding/event.
7. It gives your gets an idea of the style you are going for which makes it easier for them to choose their outfits.
With a Joyful Heart