There are seven words that spring to mind when I think of Paris; fascinating, memorable, love, sophisticated, exquisite, Artistic and romantic. I’ve always thought of Paris as the city of LOVE and I know many of you do too. I’m sure you’ve sat down and fantasized about your Parisian fairytale. However not everyone can afford to hop on a plane to France to hold their wedding in Paris. It’s extremely expensive, plus I think destination weddings can cause unwanted expenditure for you and your guests.
So if you can’t afford to whisk all of your guests to the most gorgeous city in the world (just my opinion) then why not bring Paris to Sunny South Africa.
Tips on How to Pull off Your Parisian Inspired Wedding
1. Find a luxe flexible venue that caters to all type of dietary needs.
2. Paris is known as the city of lights, so why not have String lights hanging from the ceiling. Don’t just use a few lights, use as many as you possibly can.
3. Find ordinary square vases (they don’t have to be clear) and paste the channel logo on them. Put a few hydrangeas and roses or any flowers you desire, and there you go, a gorgeous low cost centerpiece just like in the moodboard.
4. Have your cake artist use a historic landmark for inspiration when designing your wedding cake.
5. Instead of numbering your tables, name them after Paris’ landmarks.
There you have it, those are my tips. Remember your wedding is yours and it’s important. Don’t let money stop you from having the wedding of your dreams. There are always ways around weddings. If you have any questions or need assistance feel free to email [email protected]
And if you’re not convinced of my ideas, you can honeymoon in Paris and take along your wedding dress, hire a good quality photographer and find great locations to take photographs.
Wedding Dress: Monique Lhuillier
Earrings: Blue Nile