Afternoon my precious readers! I hope you’re having a fabulous Friday afternoon wherever you are in the world.Today’s post is all about music. There is just something about music that heals and rejoices the soul. In fact music can either make or break your wedding/celebration. The type of music you choose ultimately sets the mood and feel of your wedding. Music has the power to connect and lift people’s spirit, that is why it is important to choose the right.
There are so many different types of wedding music but how does one choose. It’s tempting to only select the wedding music that you like but remember you want your guests to enjoy themselves as well, otherwise they might all leave early and leave you upset for the next decade. So here are a few tips to help you choose the type of music that you and your guests will enjoy:
- When sending out invitations ask your guests to include one song they like in the RSVP . You might not be able to play all the songs but at least you would have an idea of what type of music your guests will dance to.
- If you know that most of your guest would enjoy listening to a band then hire a suitable band. Don’t hire a rock band if you know that most of your guests would appreciate classical music.
- If your fiancee is from the Caribbean, you could hire a steel band and have them play as guests enter the reception area.
- If you want to include your culture, do something musical that is only done in your country, This would be a good way to give your guests a taste of where you come from.
- If the budget allows; Another option is to select different types of music for each part of the wedding, like a choir to sing during the ceremony, a band to play during reception and DJ in the evening.
- If you are having a DJ make sure you make a list of the “do not play” songs and tell him that if anyone asks for those songs, to just let them know that he doesn’t have them.
- You can also check out web based music playlist services like MixLister which lets you and your guests create and comment on tunes for the wedding.
- Bear in mind that some relatives might be offended by some types of music, so if you have a song that you like and is upbeat and you know that some guests might not appreciate it, save it for later in the night when gran-mama and gran-daddy have gone to bed.
I could not resist adding these quotes about music:
“Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us.” Martin Luther
“Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.”―Confucius
I would love to hear your comments on the box below.Which music would you choose for your wedding and if you’ve had your wedding already what music did you choose?
With a joyful heart